It’s hot, it’s summer. And, there is only a week left for some (classes resume for most on September 8)!
You got the chance to be their teacher, now it’s time to be their summer camp counselor. Grab your whistle and your clipboard; we have everything you need to create summertime fun at home.
Step 1: Create a Daily Schedule
The key to a well-run summer camp is organization.
If we want summer camp at home to be a success, the first step is to create a schedule for each day.
With kids we know to always expect the unexpected, and you can adjust the schedule as needed, but starting with a plan will help keep things on track. A solid schedule means less stress for you and more joy for the kids!
Here are a few ideas to get things going –
1. You can’t go wrong with outdoor fun with games, squirt guns, tug of war, bowling, and more!
2. Whether you have a pool in your backyard or not, bring on the bouncy beach balls and inflatable toys for a grand time!
3. If you do have a pool, cool off and look good doing it.
4. Lunchtime is the best time, whether it’s a picnic day, pizza party, snack time, or a good ole fashioned grill out.
5. Let their creativity fly off the pages and onto the sidewalk with a variety of sidewalk chalk and/or stencils.
6. For downtime or rainy days, huddle close (with masks on, of course) for a movie and snacks.
Step 2: The Camp Vibe
Now that you have the activities in place, have your home look the part too. It’s going to be as fun-packed as any Field Trip Friday at camp could be!